The Center for Financial and Monetary Research (CEFIMO) was founded in 2000 and has as main objective the fundamental and applied scientific research in areas such as: public finance, corporate finance, monetary system, banking system, financial markets, insurance and reinsurance, international finance.
The main achievements, so far, of the Center for Financial and Monetary Research are:
- Participating in the initiation of postgraduate study programs (master, doctorate);
- Contributions to the organizing of the International Scientific Sessions of the Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchanges;
- The financial support (from the own budget) of some activities of dissemination of the works of the International Scientific Sessions of the Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banks and Stock Exchanges;
- Financing (from its own budget) the participation in some national (in Iasi, Sibiu, Suceava, Timisoara, Oradea) and foreign scientific events (in Egypt, Turkey, France, USA, Great Britain, Holland), as well as the dissemination of research results scientific in volumes / magazines;
- Enriching the Central library of the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies with specialized publications.